Saturday, April 15, 2017

Abyssinia Crisis: Mehal Sefari - Leader, MMG team and more support options

My platoon Mehal Safari is slowly but surely approaching completion - today the Amsa aleqa (leader 2nd Half-Platoon), the Meto aleqa (leader of the platoon) and as first options a flag bearer, a much needed MMG team and a Ferenghi (no, not a character from Star Trek - it simply means stranger/foreigner and denotes a kind of military advisor).

As Ferenghi I chose a British officer (ret.).
I had bought this figure because I thought it was simply ingenious and it represents a wonderful cliché, how he supports his teacup with his little finger spread.
In itself, it falls a little out of time, but he is not an official representative of the British military, but has his active service years behind him, so I think you can let that pass ;-)



Close-up of my british Ferenghi:


For the MMG team, some modifications were necessary again - i.e. the usual head swap etc.; figures are a mix of Perry and Warlord.
Besides a small stone wall made of single stones, I cut small sections of brass wire to represent spent and ejected cartridge cases.


At the moment I am working on a 20mm SEMAG AA gun for my Abyssinian. Since there is of course no model for it, I have made a scratchbuild from various ingredients; the 3 man crew are painted and varnished, the SEMAG is soldered and glued, but still waiting to be painted.

4 comments:

  1. Sehr gut geworden! Der gute Herr im roten Rock ist ein echter Hingucker und das Basing ist wieder mal der Hammer.

    ReplyDelete